Spell4Wiki > Spell For Wiktionary(Wikimedia Commons). Spell4Wiki is mobile app for upload audio files to Wikimedia commons and Wiktionary based multilingual dictionary.Repository Video 📺️
Spell4Wiki > Spell For Wiktionary(Wikimedia Commons)
Spell4Wiki is a mobile application to record and upload audio for Wikimedia Commons and also act as a Multilingual dictionary based on Wiktionary.
Spell4Wiki having four main features
First one for end user consuming the meaning from Wiktionary.
- Wiktionary Explore - Exploring words meaning from Wiktionary. Simply it is Wiki-Dictionary
Other 3 are related to audio contributions.
- Spell For Wiktionary - Record & upload audio for the list of words from Wiktionary category.
- Spell For WordList - Record & upload audio files for own list of words from a text file or copy & paste.
- Spell For Word - Record & upload for a single word by easy way.
Spell4Wiki - Key points
- Supported 250+ Languages for all 4 features
- Uploaded 30,000+ audio files to Wikimedia commons.
- All audio files are categorized under Wikimedia commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Filesuploadedby_spell4wiki
- WIkimedia commons meta page - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Spell4Wiki
- App localized on 4 languages - English, Tamil, Kannada and Hindi
- License: GNU General Public License V3 or later
FOSSHack23 - Implementations are tracked here,
[x] Spell4Wiktionary option supporting to all 250+ languages(Previously it was 8 languages only)
[x] Contributors can add dynamic words category(from Wiktionary) them self
[x] Option to choose contribution language when landing the app
[x] Provide option to change license on recording page
[x] Upload and license acknowledgement checkbox make it check by default
[x] Shown selected language information in appbar and record dialog
[x] App localization for Kannada language
[x] Increase validation count limit of the run filter options
[x] Fixed few app crash issues
[x] Improve the logic and SDK versions update
[ ] App localization for Hindi language (It is in progress to validate the PR and resolve conflicts)
Project created by Manimaran